Sunday, January 25, 2009

Class Assignment- The State of the Union: Post 5

If you had to spend the rest of your life illustrating one book, what would it be? Why?
It most likely would be a graphic novel, dealing with everyday life and touch on psychological and philisophical issues in the world. I really enjoy reading books dealing with these in general; Working on a project like this would be useful in dealing with issues I've faced as well as issues I've seen others face, particularily youth issues that always seem to not be dealt with as much. I would also really hope the that the book still had humor in it, as not taking everything too seriously is something I would really hope the book would keep as a theme.

If you could go apprentice with any two artists in the history of the world, who would they be? Why?
Most likely Salvador Dali, to see how he incorporates psychological aspects into art, and Rembrandt, to learn more about painting and how he handles his style.

If you were banned from the art world, but could have any career you wanted that wasn't in art, what would it be? Why?
I actually was considering becoming a psychologist a few years back, but I'll go with what I wanted to be as a kid: a veterinarian.

Describe the project you would propose under the following circumstances:
1. You have one month and one thousand dollars
I'd make a short children's book; the money would be spent on publishing, editing, and art supplies. I'd have to work quickly, and would make it for younger children. It would be a small hardbound book.
2. Six months and ten thousand dollars
I'd make a short graphic novel series, with a few editors and art supplies for the line art, and I would shade it digitally. They would be published seperately as well as in a hardbound collection of the issues combined.
3. One year and one hundred thousand dollars
I'd probably paint all the walls of my house, with details of landscapes and designs, and I'd have themes in each room. I'd spend the money on hiring painters to help and the supplies.

No comments: